Internships are available at FWS in a variety of different fields. We accept Associate’s, Bachelor’s and Master’s students. Placements are limited and are granted based on availability in your field of study. Placement is not guaranteed. FWS runs semester or year long internship programs. Students receive close supervision by Agency personnel and have the opportunity to integrate, utilize and apply classroom content to practical experiences. The practicum is intended to produce a professionally reflective, self-evaluating, knowledgeable, and developing social work practitioner.
Intern application and placement schedule:
Fall Semester for 2013 is currently closed and we are no longer accepting applications.
Winter Semester: Applications are due on November 15.
Spring/Summer Semester: Applications are due on April 16.
To apply for an internship with FWS please contact Sidney Bishop at 313.579.1000 ext 229 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Objectives of Practicum
1. Provide students with opportunities for development, integration and reinforcement of competence through performance in actual work situations.
2. Permit students to acquire and test skills relevant to emerging conditions of social work practices.
3. Foster the integration and reinforcement of knowledge, values and skill learning.
4. Provide opportunities for delineating and comprehending questions for research which arise in the course of practice.
5. Foster student’s understanding of and ability to practice with oppressed and minority groups in the service population.